Congratulations, you've just added a new resource to your design toolkit! To make sure you can use this tool as quickly and effectively as possible, we've prepared a quick guide to some of the most common questions in the download process and beyond.
This article outlines a series of simple steps to follow after you've purchased a Creative Market product. We'll go into details for each of the steps below. You'll be up and running in no time!
- Unzip the folder
- Look out for instruction files
- Learn more about the software
- Share feedback with the shop owner
- Keep track of your purchases & licenses
- Explore other useful Creative Market features
1. Unzip the folder
Many Creative Market assets are packaged in .zip files to make downloads easier and lighter. The .zip format compresses data in a way that preserves integrity while reducing total file size. Once downloaded, your zipped product must be extracted so that you can see and use all the individual files inside. Whether you're on a Windows or Mac computer, you just need to double click the .zip file to extract its contents. You can then browse the individual files within the folder to find what you need.
Extracting RAR files
Like .zip files, .rar files compress content so that it's easier to download. This format was developed by Russian software engineer Eugene Roshal, and the letters RAR stand for Roshal Archive. RAR is licensed by the WinRAR file archiving software, and it's a very popular compression format. There are special programs you can download to extract a .rar file on Windows or Mac:
- To extract RAR on Windows: RAR Extract Frog (free), WinRAR (paid), WinZip (paid)
- To extract RAR on a Mac: The Unarchiver (free), WinZip (paid)
Extracting Procreate files on your iPad
If you've purchased a Procreate brush and need to use it directly on your iPad, there's an app called ZipApp that can help you unzip the archive file. While on your iPad, just purchase the product and when you see a prompt to open the downloaded file t
2. Identify Included Instruction Files
Most Creative Market products, and especially those with a higher level of complexity, will include an instruction file to help you navigate their structure and features. As an example, take a look at the "Read Me First" file that Sparrow & Snow has included in Paper Animated Stories:
The text file includes detailed instructions to make sure that you can access every feature this set of templates has to offer. They also link to a video tutorial created specifically for this product.
3. Learn more about the software
Need a starter guide or refresher on any design tool? The more familiar you are with the software a product has been created for, the more value you can get out of your purchase. We have published guides explaining how some of the most popular design apps work. Here are some helpful links to get started:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Lightroom
4. Share feedback with the shop owner
You can reach out to Creative Market shop owners directly if there's a pressing question about their product or if you need any additional assistance that isn’t covered in the documentation. To message creators, click on the "Message" button in their shop profile.
5. Keep track of your purchases and licenses
If you ever need to download your purchased product again, see the invoice for your transaction, or confirm the type of license you bought, go to your Purchases Page.
6. Explore other useful Creative Market features
We're always working on new ways to improve your design experience and accelerate your creative projects. If you've downloaded an asset and are wondering what's next, here are some special features you'll love:
- Sync your files with a Dropbox account of your choice.
- Love Creative Market products and want to earn a side income sharing them? Join our Partner program.
- Submit your finished work to Made with Creative Market for a chance to be featured in our social channels.
- Stay inspired with design tools, trends, and products on our blog. You can sign up for an email recap of our latest articles.
Congrats on expanding your design toolkit. Put your new assets to work and let us know how it goes in the comments section below.
Products Seen In This Post: